Dear COSMIC data user:
The CDAAC team has introduced a new way of fetching data via the web using a REST (REpresentational State Transfer) architecture.
With this interface you can fetch a daily tarball of data for a specified mission, file type and day.
Here are two ways you can use it:
a) Using wget:
- wget -q --http-user=xxxx --http-passwd=xxxx
- mission is the CDAAC mission name i.e. cosmic
- filetype is the file type i.e. wetPrf
- YYYY.DDD is the day of year i.e: 2012.305
- wget -q --http-user=xxxx --http-passwd=xxxx http://cdaac-www.cosmic.ucar.edu/cdaac/rest/tarservice/data/cosmic/atmPrf/2012.304 -O cosmic_atmPrf_2012.304.tar
- wget -q --http-user=xxxx --http-passwd=xxxx http://cdaac-www.cosmic.ucar.edu/cdaac/rest/tarservice/data/cosmic/wetPrf/2012.301 -O cosmic_wetPrf_2012.301.tar
NOTE: This will replace the current individual file wget which many of you have been using.
b) Or Using our Web at: http://cdaac-www.cosmic.ucar.edu/cdaac/tar/rest.html
(Instructions are on the page.)
Please let us know should you experience any errors with either interface, wget or web. The Web API has been proven to work best with Safari and Fire Fox.
The object of this architectural change is the first step in our longer term plan of switching from providing single data files to daily tarballs, helping us to manage our growing data inventory better.
COSMIC Occultations - Last 10 Hours - Please reload your browser for latest results
= COSMIC = C/NOFS = SACC